Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFirst of all, if you tie the movies too closely to the comic books...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=369999&mesg_id=370086
370086, First of all, if you tie the movies too closely to the comic books...
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu May-08-08 05:27 PM
...you're gonna have a hell of a time trying to deal with every comic book movie ever made.

Second, Magneto is 70 years old, he's not gonna throw punches in the movies. Gimme a break. His punches will be throwing cars and shit. Which he did.

Third, Magneto is tunnel-visioned on his mission. How can Professor X help him? He respects his old friend, but if he gets in the way, he has to die. If Mystique can't help him anymore (which as a human, she really can't), then of course he's going to say goodbye. Magneto HAS to be coldblooded in the flicks. I don't get what's so hard to buy about Magneto ditching his friends if need be. Is Magneto really a nice guy? Is he so loyal that he'll compromise his mission for friends? That's not the Magneto I'm familiar with... if something is gonna hold him back or get in his way, that something is removed quickly.

And finally, for a 70 year old man, he didn't look weak. In X2, he's supposed to be weak for half the flick cuz he's getting his ass beaten, but he sure as shit didn't look weak in any of the other times. Not for a 70 year old. I think you're just picturing a comic book character on the page and trying to transport him to the screen, which doesn't work... maybe 70 year olds can take punches and do some real gutter streetfighting moves when animated, but in real life it woulda looked dumb as shit. It's way better to have him throwing cars at people and shooting people's bullets back at themselves.