Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: I can't imagine you being any wronger.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=369999&mesg_id=370081
370081, RE: I can't imagine you being any wronger.
Posted by icecold21, Thu May-08-08 05:01 PM
What I was saying was he was way too old looking. "old and weak looking", not "too old as well weak". Magneto would not sit by and watch Xavier die without at least trying to prevent it. Wolverine made an effort, Magneto should have as well. I never said he was cool with it, but he acted way too nonchalant when it happened. He was also too cold when Mystique lost her powers. I get the whole "she's not a mutant any more" thing, but I can't picture Magneto reacting like that. Magneto had a temper like a motherfucker. If someone is taking mutants' powers away, he is going to snap and there will be hell to pay. And Magneto's not shy about fighting either, because he will get in people's grills and does not always try to keep a distance between himself and his opponent. He will throw punches and get dirty and get fucked up as well. He is old, but dude moves with authority, not grace. I referenced the flying scene on the Statue of Liberty, noting his elegance and regal bullshit behavior, and you brought up a whole nother scene. I agree, though, that shit was hot, but that wasn't what I was talking about. In the movies he was always calm, cool, and cold, and that is not accurate of his demeanor. And you can't tell me he didn't look frail as hell.