Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectHere's the thing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=360896&mesg_id=368445
368445, Here's the thing
Posted by Key, Fri May-02-08 05:31 PM
the way you guys feel about Deathproof. Take all of that and apply it to Planet Terror and that's how I feel.

I enjoyed Deathproof. But Planet Terror just went on and on and fucking on. I hated it.

So to me I just think it's subjective. I'd rather hear those girls make a thousand more Austin Texas references than see one more stupid zombie get whacked. But eh that's just me I guess.

But no, you guys come on here and think your opinions are objective. Well they are not sorry guys. In fact before I went on the internet and saw all the flaming of Deathproof going on my two closest friends who saw it isolated from me felt the same way I felt. That Planet Terror went on way too long and that they liked Deathproof much better. And don't forget that dominating opinions on the internet will "wag the dog" now and then. If you see a bunch of people saying the movies has bad dialoug and bad acting with out ANY indication that the artist meant them to be that way well people will focus on that and they WILL think it was unintentionally bad. And yes to a whole generation of people who have never seen a grindhouse flick I'm afraid it will go over there heads.