Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectdumbest post in a long time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=353720&mesg_id=354299
354299, dumbest post in a long time
Posted by REDeye, Thu Feb-28-08 03:44 PM
Dude, this is all pure comedy.

Okay, Blair Underwood got a good role. He works steadily, but maybe this is better than the whatever love interest role he last had. My point isn't that this isn't a good role, is that he wasn't struggling for work, and his work is respected, so his career didn't need saving by Tyler Perry. It's nice that he got a good role, but there is no "big picture" meaning to it.

Give me another example of someone else's career being furthered after being in a Tyler Perry movie, otherwise you are just spewing hot air.

Why in the hell are you hellbent on convincing me MEET THE BROWNS is a big movie? No one said it wasn't. Your convoluted mess about seeing a commercial for it only undercut your whole point by making you seem like you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Lots of movies, big or small, have commercials. It's irrelevant. Move on.

But Angela Bassett being in this movie does not mean her career is suddenly going to take off again. And if that's not your suggestion, why the John Travolta analogy?

Hey, maybe Angela will be hot after this, just like Travolta was after Pulp Fiction. I hope so, that would be nice. But we have no way of knowing that right now. Which is why it sucks as an example.

RED