Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI think people started to really notice once Homicide hit the air
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=345367&mesg_id=345402
345402, I think people started to really notice once Homicide hit the air
Posted by nipsey, Wed Jan-23-08 10:46 AM
L&O actors started showing up on Homicide, Homicide actors were in Oz, then Oz actors in SVU and L&O, then L&O actors in CI, then everybody in the Wire.

I don't have a problem with the same actors showing up per se. I just don't like it when shows have an established universe and then use the same actor. Like once Homicide and L&O did the crossover, they became part of the same universe, so they shouldn't overlap actors. Example: Peter Gerety who played Gharty on Homicide showed up in SVU playing a different character. Stuff like that pisses me off. Or Zeljko Ivanek being ADA Danvers on Homicide or being another character on SVU.

But I guess you can blame L&O for everything. They're one primetime show that shoots primarily in NY so they attract every actor in the city. And the casting department apparently like the same people.

Adding to the list: Reed Diamond played a father who teamed with his wife to beat her into a miscarriage in order to send some other guy to jail in and episode of L&O before joining Homicide.

Last 8 movies I saw:

Bourne Ultimatum: A-
Ratatouille: B-
The Kingdom: B
Next: D
Talk to Me: B+
Disturbia: B
The Devil Wears Prada: B
This Christmas: B+