Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI want to thank you for this, from the bottom of my heart
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=341911&mesg_id=346137
346137, I want to thank you for this, from the bottom of my heart
Posted by dgonsh, Sat Jan-26-08 03:39 AM
sometimes i get really depressed. for example, i tell my friends we should go see "There Will Be Blood"

they rottentomato it and see it has a 91% rating. their response "oh, its another gonshor movie (making reference to the time i "made" them see Capote). about oil? fuck that."

so we go to the theatre and they decide we should see "in the name of the king" the one with "The Transporter dude."

i beg them...BEG them to see There Will Be Blood. they decline. I say, fine, what about Gone Baby Gone? no dice. i say, let's go see Gone Baby Gone and if you dont like it, ill reimburse you the price of the ticket. they agree. and of course, they like it.

my point is, sometimes i feel depressed like i am the only person in the world who 'gets it.' but then i come to PTP and see a post like this and it reminds me that though we all live in different cities, in a perfect world, we would inhabit a pretty awesome city of our own.

i know this post is rather incoherent, but just understand, i back you longo.

oh yeah, another one of my friends paid to see Epic Movie when it was out. and liked it "for what it was"

needless to say, i dont go to movies with him anymore.