Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectit's a beautiful film and i like the score but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=336439&mesg_id=356131
356131, it's a beautiful film and i like the score but
Posted by Odyssee, Sat Mar-08-08 09:02 PM
i dont think it was made for folks that didnt read the book.

it was very heavy and sad--i think i glossed over the ending in the book b/c i didnt realize cee and robbie had died--which lead to it being so sad lol. i had to re-read that part when i got home. to me that makes what briony did soo much worse.

if i hadnt read the book, i think i'd be lost. the shots and robbie and cee after the fountain when she was deciding what to wear and he was in the tube/typewritter was too long i think and not really necessary. it didnt lead anything to the story telling.

maybe they should've showed leon, briony, & robbie when they were younger or something - or a few shots of them throughout the years to give people the connection between cee and robbie.

i dont like that they changed the end to an interview. i prefer the party.

i did like the acting of kiera, james, and young briony. that scene in the apartment was great. he was about to go off on her. i thought the guy that played paul was creepy.

the movie was okay but i'd recommend people read the book instead. if anything i'd say watch the movie just to see mcavoy

oh, the beginning of the book is a bit slow but once it starts it's good.