Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIn the two-part finale
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=324463&mesg_id=324896
324896, In the two-part finale
Posted by K. Dot, Tue Oct-23-07 12:00 PM
Q has Picard moving back and forth through time and every time he tried to explain what was happening he would find himself in another time jump. Crew members in all three time periods that Picard jumps through (past, present, and distant future) believe Picard is crazy since no one else is experiencing these moves through time. Somewhere in the finale, Q tells Picard that the end of humanity rests in his hands because of a spatial anomaly that could stop life from ever forming. Picard convinces crew members in all three time periods to venture towards the anomaly so the three Enterprise ships from the past, present, and distant future enter the center of the anomaly at the same time. The past and present ships are destroyed in it while the future ship remains intact. In the end, Picard finds himself in the courtroom where he first met Q. Q tells Picard that he succeeded because he explored other possibilities beyond the limits of his mind. The show ends with Picard, Rikier, Worf, Data, Troi, Crusher, and LaForge playing a poker game as the Enterprise drifts through space.

I wish I could explain it better but I had to summarize it. It doesn't sound exciting like this, but the two-parter in one of the best finales ever.