Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectme and my relationship-havin friends
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=321926&mesg_id=322663
322663, me and my relationship-havin friends
Posted by sunshine_dawkins, Sun Oct-14-07 06:35 PM
went to see it opening night. minus the extended bantering, comments and laughter of all the negroes in the theatre, i was very entertained.

what i hated:
that the characters were extremes and the connections of the families/couples were weird and uncertain. were they all college friends? or what? there wasn't enough historical context.

tyler's character and that moving out situation. it was so fast and unbelieveable, they should have just caught him as he was packing up his stuff to stay at his mothers or something.

jill scotts character seemed to find comfort very quickly for an emotionally and verbally abused woman. they should have shown more dates as time passed or something. more of her working on her issues.

what i loved:
all the characters were comfortable to well off. they were all professionals with real life careers. yes, do better black audience. being a hair washer at kiki's salon until your 65 doesn't count as a career. own that bitch.

the interactions that came up were real, secrets, lies, deception... arguments and underlying issues, abusiveness, control and money

the movie actually gave couples ADVICE on how to work through your problems instead of just presenting the problems for entertainment

the movie showed the importance of communication and patience and that couples actually do get through tough times together, not every marriage ends in divorce but no one ever asks those people how they did it

overall good movie, i'd see it again!!