Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjecti really liked the first 2/3... then it got kinda pretentious (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=319606&mesg_id=328435
328435, i really liked the first 2/3... then it got kinda pretentious (spoilers)
Posted by dro, Sun Nov-04-07 09:00 PM
that hotel chavlier was cool, and i liked the references to it that jack made. as always with wes, i really liked the characters, and the dialogue was great, fast paced, witty, etc. towards the end though when the decided they would go find their mom seemed to fall apart, and not in a seemingly purposeful way. oh, we're here, lets go climb on this rock, our mother is crazy, welp! whatcha gonna do?! i guess we'll just go home... things didn't come together in a meaningful way like they usually do in his films.

i think jack was my favorite character. i really liked the part towards the end when he read his story ending to them. "no, the characters are fictio... thanks."

overall, you gotta appreciate the artistry and storytelling in this movie, but didn't quite all come together for me.