Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectthis was a flawed film but infinitely more entertaining than 21 Grams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=315998&mesg_id=343140
343140, this was a flawed film but infinitely more entertaining than 21 Grams
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jan-15-08 07:04 AM
This was more of a standard gangster pick that did tie things up in a bow a little too quickly and easily at the end but I was never really not engaged or annoyed by its pretense.

It's a second or third-tier gangster movie, which means I will still be entertained by it when it comes on one Sunday afternoon when there's no good sports on TV and I just feel like watching something without thinking too hard. It's like a slightly inferior Russian version of State of Grace to me.

Meanwhile, I haven't tried to watch 21 Grams since I saw it in the theater when I walked out feeling like I had just watched a movie that thought it was a lot deeper than it actually was which bored me more than it depressed me or made me think.

I'll take Eastern Promises over History of Violence as well, although it's a lot closer than 21 Grams.