Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI think he's hurting his career
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=300972&mesg_id=301075
301075, I think he's hurting his career
Posted by stylez dainty, Fri Jul-20-07 10:59 AM
Because honestly, most people consider these things straight-up entertainment, like Cheaters or something. It has catch phrases, even. (I made these brownies. They're really good.) So I think Hansen might be stuck in Geraldo-ville from here on out.

But I do think the show is honestly doing a good service. It's making men a lot less likely to try and hook-up with underage girls online. Do I think they'll now decide to reform their ways? No. But it's making a lot of them think twice. Of course, on third thought they decide to go through with it anyway.

You know, as long as they're just trying to entertain us, they might as well go all out. Have Chris Hansen confront them, and then let them go, then on the way out, have the girl by the back door saying, "You know, I actually lied to Dateline about my age. I'm 13. And you're different from all the other guys. Want to perform sex acts?" And then he says yes and Chris Hansen comes out again. He lectures them, then they leave, but the girl catches them on their way out. They see how long they can get the cycle to continue.