Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGood but not the best
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=297660&mesg_id=299262
299262, Good but not the best
Posted by Michi, Fri Jul-13-07 05:58 PM
VENT:
I didn't care for the new feel. I don't know whether to blame the screenwriter or the director, but it dragged between Harry's first punishment from Umbridge and the first practice of Dumbledore's army. Also, the romances were seemed to clobber me over the head except for Harry and Cho and they were the main couple.

I wanted more of the Snape memory. I really wanted to see Lilly get mad at James and show Harry that both parents weren't so perfect.

THE GOOD:
-Imelda Staunton was great! I loved that scene with her and Maggie Smith on the stairs.
-Helena Bonham Carter was really good, too. She didn't have many lines but if you ever need someone to play batshit crazy, she's your woman.-The girl who played Luna was really good even though the screenwriter made her seem like a bit of a Mary Sue. In the book she seemed more straight-up cuckoo.
- I love IMAX because I can focus on stupid little details like in the last scene Neville was wearing what looked like a baby blue Member's Only jacket or the earring Luna was wearing.
-The fight between Dumbledore and LV was wonderful. I usually don't like stream of power vs. stream of power fights but they added some great new elements to it.