Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI really liked it, but I had some questions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=294552&mesg_id=296804
296804, I really liked it, but I had some questions
Posted by colonelk, Thu Jul-05-07 05:14 AM
-The movie doesn't really believe that "ANYONE can cook," does it? The Linguini kid can't cook. Remy's brother can't even taste. Only phenomenally (and instantly) talented people can cook. Thus it's emphasis on the egalitarian notion of anyone doing it is confusing when the actions of the movie indicate otherwise.

-Why are there no female rats? I don't mean that in a PC way. I'm fine if a movie has no female characters. But there damn near a thousand rats, at least two dozen who speak at some point, and all are male. I'm glad they didn't take the time to force a Remy love story on us, but it's strange there's no lady rats at all.

-Why hire Ian Holm to do the same exaggerated French accent that any decent voice actor could do? He did a fine job though.

-Before the Pixar merger/takeover with Disney, does anybody think they could have gotten away with the the kid being a clearly out-of-wedlock son of Gusteau?