Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMy favorite movie going experience of the year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=294552&mesg_id=296780
296780, My favorite movie going experience of the year
Posted by JungleSouljah, Thu Jul-05-07 12:44 AM
And it'll probably stay that way, much like The Incredibles and Iron Giant during their respective releases. You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't see this film as soon as you can. It makes me wonder if other studios (coughdreamworkscoughcough) watch Pixar films and ask themselves why their films aren't as rich and rewarding. The character development was phenomenal throughout... no one develops animated characters as well as Brad Bird. Maybe Miyazaki but even some of his work is lost in translation.

I really can't say enough great things about this film. Another Brad Bird film I'll be excited to add to my collection. And respect due to Thomas Keller. You can really feel where the film benefited from having one of the great chefs in the world involved in the production. So many great minor touches.

I'm excited to see this again, especially on DVD where I can watch certain scenes over and over just enjoying the nuances of Paris and Gusteau's kitchen.