Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject^^ Painting with broad brush strokes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=290990&mesg_id=291980
291980, ^^ Painting with broad brush strokes
Posted by ZooTown74, Sun Jun-17-07 07:31 PM
>all the points i made
>were specific to the
>APPEAL of tp...

Uh, haven't we all been talking about his appeal? I broke down his formula from a writing standpoint. Was it meant to be read as flowery praise for his style? No, it wasn't, but who said it had to be? It works for him. He found a niche and struck gold with it. Good for him.

I repeat, good for him.

>yall hit dog whenever
>dude's name comes up, yo.

No, not really. With all due respect, this is the kind of bullshit that leads to that "Man, them PTP niggas is snobs" shit over in GD. And for better or worse, "hit dog" or not, I'm going to come to the defense of the people here whenever that shit crops up, cause it ain't the truth. If it has to be labeled as "taking this shit too seriously," then so be it.

Nick has been very vocal about his dislike for TP's films. Does he not have the right to express that as many times as he likes without being called a "hit dog" and any other absurd shit? And others here have complimented TP REPEATEDLY about his ability to tap into a niche market and get that bread, despite the fact that they believe that his work isn't that good.

Liking dude's work and respecting his hustle don't have to be mutually exclusive, and we've pointed that out ad nauseam. But nonetheless, it all ends up as "them PTP snob niggas hate Tyler Perry," which is far from the case.

(Black)

(Roll Credits)