Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectOtherwise Intelligent people who have pedestrian tastes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=289713&mesg_id=289713
289713, Otherwise Intelligent people who have pedestrian tastes
Posted by k_orr, Sun Jun-10-07 11:48 PM
This is a question aimed at the snobs, and this being PTP everyone can really answer.

I work with a bunch of know-it-alls, and unlike my past jobs full of know-it-alls, all these guys are quick to argue. (damn lawyers)

This may be more of a comment on lawyers than anything else, but generally speaking - for folks super educated, follow politics, have opinions, get paid to read, write, and think - they're not really all that sharp and rarely have any sort of "ah ha" insight. Or none that comes across in polite conversation.

So for whatever reason, the topics of movies come up - and every last one of them is hype on the Pirates of the Caribbean series. They all know it's gonna suck, but they're gonna see it anyway. (only a few would admit to watching Spiderman, haha)

Topic moves to "Knocked Up"

"yeah that trailer didn't look funny"

The convo continues, but for a group who would have nothing to do with a "chain" restaurant, they're all clamoring about major hollywood blockbusters.

My little slice of the top 10% seems to show similar if not identical tastes to the bottom 90%.

Have you also found this to be the same?

one
k. orr