Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: ooooooh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=285998&mesg_id=286475
286475, RE: ooooooh
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed May-30-07 09:10 PM
>I feel bad for you just thinking about that. I would've
>gotten straight ignant (more than just ignorant) over
>something like that. Oh man, that would just bring out the 8
>year old li'l brother in me. Where it becomes a mission to
>either get back the seat or ruin the movie for both of us.

Ugh, I didn't want to get ghetto on her. For one thing, it's not in my nature. And secondly, I was very likely the only brown person in the entire theatre, and didn't want to come off as the stereotypical loud black (or Latina - most people aren't quite sure what I am, lol) bitch. Ya know? Better to make her look like the bigger bitch.

>
>Personally though I could never leave my stuff at a seat to
>save it unless a friend was there already. But maybe that's
>just Chicago in me.

Well, I would NEVER leave my handbag there, or, like, a leather jacket. But the pashmina really has more sentimental value (a friend brought it back from NYC) than monetary value. It's not pure cashmere or anything. Which I think might mean it's not technically a pashmina. lol. But I digress.

I do the leaving of stuff in my seat because with SIFF, there's no time to go to the restroom and then go find a seat. People don't trickle in like a regular movie. We wait in line forever and then are herded in like cattle. Probably TMI, but I have a thing about always trying to go pee right before a film starts, even if I've been conservative with liquids (I *never* go out for pho or tom yum right before a film, lol), because I don't want to get up in the middle and miss stuff and annoy people by climbing over them. That's one reason I always make a beeline for an aisle seat. That, and if someone nearby does something annoying, it's easier to move.

In fact in your situation I might have
>been like "Bitch you stole my drink!"

Ewww, why would someone want to steal someone else's drink? lol

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

kurly's Super-Duper Awesome DVD Collection:
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kurlyswirl