Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectjaney goes to the movies (Movie *Theatre* Experiences Poast)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=285998&mesg_id=285998
285998, janey goes to the movies (Movie *Theatre* Experiences Poast)
Posted by janey, Tue May-29-07 12:05 PM
This is distinct from what we watched. This is more about the experience of watching qua watching.

I went to see Hot Fuzz on Saturday. And it was the perfect movie viewing experience. There was, literally, one other person in the theatre and I never even heard him laugh.

I was seated more or less front and center, and just before the movie started, an older woman wandered in and asked me whether this was the theatre for Away From Her.

I was completely enchanted by the irony of the confused older woman lost on her way to see a movie about a confused older woman.

Then the next day when I saw Away From Her, there was a much older man seated behind me who, as soon as the film started (and for those who haven't seen it, it begins VERY quietly), began rattling a candy wrapper. It went on so long that I was tempted to turn around and ask him if he needed HELP to open his fuckin candy, but just then the woman behind him asked him to put it away. She had to repeat her request to him because he didn't catch it the first time. Then his (elderly) friend asked him, "Are you okay?" and he said, "Some girl behind me just poked me but I don't know what her problem is." LMAO.

Then he fell asleep, and you could tell from his breathing but he didn't snore. It was great. God bless Sarah Polley. She's really captured the geriatric market, if I do say so myself, lol.