Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectOld Joy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=285375&mesg_id=285426
285426, Old Joy
Posted by janey, Fri May-25-07 02:34 PM
I don't know for sure they'll have it at Blockbuster but it is domestic, not foreign. That was lovely.

The Lives of Others, which won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, was wonderful, as was Indigenes, the French entry, and After the Wedding, the Danish entry, but I don't know if any of those are on DVD.

Oh my friend also forced me to see Blood Diamond and on my own I saw Pan's Labrynth, and I think those both count as "popular" movies.

Two recent documentaries you should see when you can: Absolute Wilson, about Robert Wilson, and Wrestling with Angels, about Tony Kushner. Both are really really interesting about the creative process in particular with respect to theatre. I know you'll like them as much as I did. Or almost as much -- when I was in college, Einstein on the Beach was still recent enough to be held up as the vanguard we could only aspire to on a pretty constant basis, so I may have a bias in favor of Wilson that you're not quite as prone to.