Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI didn't miss the point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=278282&mesg_id=300410
300410, I didn't miss the point.
Posted by Nukkapedia, Wed Jul-18-07 09:43 AM
I realized exactly what they were doing and why they did it.

I just have my own opinions. That's why I said "I feel" and avoided declarative statements. You and a lot of other people don't agree. And that's fine. And my comments really only applied to that one scene early in the film at the music store: I felt like it went on a bit long without the song or the presentation of the song being good enough (IMO) for such an indulgence. All of the other musical scenes/sequences were fine.

That probably has to do with my taste in music more than anything. I've heard more than my share of Guy-like scruffy guys who can play guitar really and (sorta) sing. So I already came into the picture with that mindset and baggage. That, and the fact that one of my several unfinished scripts has (well, now "had" *red inks*) a similar scene, and I had it in my mind exactly how I wanted it to look on film.

But, again, _that's my opinion_. I never said the film wasn't well done. I never said I didn't like the film overall. Heck, I like/love plenty of films that a lot of you thoroughly revile...*points at avatar*.

Is it okay for me not to have fallen head-over-heels for "Once"? Is it alright if I just thought it was "very good" and not "spectacular"?