Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectyikes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=278282&mesg_id=300395
300395, yikes
Posted by BigWorm, Wed Jul-18-07 08:15 AM
I don't like using expressions like 'you missed the point', but...you might have.

What I liked about the movie was that the characters love for making music and playing it was at the center of things. Between the main two characters, the greater part of the bond between them is just formed by the music they made together. They scene that finally implies how much the main characters ex-girlfriend is still a part of his life is shown by his creating the whole song while watching old videos of her (whereas before you get the idea that he's still more fixated on the other new girl)...

I guess it's easy to see the film as just a set of music videos loosely woven together with a thin story, but I thought the attention to music pretty much with every song was meant to develop the characters as opposed to just advance the plot. Which is pretty much why just about everyone that I know that even owns a guitar let alone writes songs pretty much fell in love with the movie.