Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI didn't think you were undermining anything...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=278056&mesg_id=278378
278378, I didn't think you were undermining anything...
Posted by Mr Mech, Wed May-02-07 09:57 AM
...and I didn't mean to sound harsh in my response. But, when it comes to creating art, especially creating a film, it's difficult to determine where the best place to start is. Learning about filmmaking first hand can be an esoteric experience and it can be difficult to find ways to meet other filmmakers. There are plenty of books on the subject but I haven't read one yet that begins to illustrate how difficult even making a small film is. It boils down to how do you start when you want to start. I'm not saying it's impossible, but emotionally it can be very frustrating.

You hear so many people say all you have to do is work hard but sometimes you work very hard and still nothing happens. Then you keep working hard and nothing keeps happening. I get concerned for filmmakers and artists who are working hard but think they're not working hard enough because they haven't witnessed artistic or financial success.

Mech