Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectArchive discussion post.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=275708&mesg_id=275708
275708, Archive discussion post.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Apr-22-07 10:57 PM
UPDATE: So we've kind of slowed to a halt. If there are any posts you feel STRONGLY that we should get rid of, please post them below. Also, to Ryan, Wordman, and Kurly, if you want to look at Ricky's posts and get some quick ideas about what you'd like gone, go ahead and glance through soon please.

I'm gonna try to delete the ones I feel the committee agrees should be gone, and I'll make judgement calls based on individual requests. I probably won't get rid of ALL of the ones you recommended, Ricky, simply because our archives are comparatively small anyhow. I will try to get rid of a page or more, especially the pointless repeat/list posts. But it'll probably come down to judgement call for some of those.

So if anyone has any hardcore campaigning to do, please do it in the next 48 hours.

Thanks, Frank

*** ORIGINAL POST ***

I believe the people in this post are Ryan, Wordman, Kurly, and genius.switch (a.k.a. Ricky B). Thank you guys for agreeing to do this. I've asked a couple of others that I'm waiting to hear from. Also, if anyone searches and stumbles upon this post and is interested in joining in, welcome. I've basically got two goals with this post.

1. Discussing "archivability": i.e. what constitutes a post worthy of archival, what are the specific attributes of a post the mods do or do not archive.

2. Discussing the specific posts currently archived in detail: do they meet our list of attributes for archivable posts? Are these posts that can easily be repeated? Do they contain material held more eloquently in other archived posts on the same topic? Are these posts that are on a good topic that we should perhaps create a new post on the same subject to see if we can get better, more up-to-date responses, rendering the older one obsolete?

I'm in the process of moving all music related posts archived back when PTP was Reviews, but that should be done soon. I'd like to start talking about this as soon as possible.

Also, in the interest of keeping the masses who either haven't been here long enough to know what we're about or don't really feel like dedicating the time to reading all of these old archived posts, I've decided to hide this post from the public. If you could either bookmark this specific post, or (the long way) you might be able to find it via the search function, then please do that. But I'd probably do that right away, before you forget the link to this post, lol.

Thanks,
Frank