Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectPosting random youtube clips is an 8th graders way of fighting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=269201&mesg_id=269626
269626, Posting random youtube clips is an 8th graders way of fighting
Posted by SoulHonky, Tue Apr-03-07 01:10 AM
If you want to try to cut Mencia down, you start with an organized, united front. Don't throw random shit out here and there, pulling from Lopez's Stern intervew (rather than getting George himself to speak out along with them), and acting like "we found Carlos stealing again!" and then showing a clip that's like two years old. People get that he steals and most average people are probably already over it. It's too late to put together a comprehensive piece IMO. They should have put it together in the beginning so that it had more of an effect.

Once the first blow up occurred, put together a comprehensive list of everything to show Mencia's true colors. That will get people's attention. Now Ari seems to be doing it because none of their other antics have had much effect. Personally, I think they are making themselves look bad and taking the focus off Mencia (although I think Ari's routine on his own does a pretty good job of making himself look like a jackass).

I'm not defending Mencia but I simply don't agree with the juvenile way that Rogan and Ari have handled this.