Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjecti agree because for the most part Christianity is an abomination of
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=265191&mesg_id=265383
265383, i agree because for the most part Christianity is an abomination of
Posted by Galatasaray, Tue Mar-20-07 12:01 PM
the Christian religion
thats what happens when corrupt governments like the roman empire and anglo-saxon kingdom adapt and manipulate the religion to serve their own secular purposes
but thats another post all together

that being said, i didn't exactly expect Mel to follow the bible 100%
thats why i said *his* interpretation of the events
as far as him focusing on the end of jesus life instead of some of the other parts
that was to make it a better story i suppose
people might have fallen asleep if the movie was 3 hours of jesus walking up and down the Galilaean coast telling people parables
sadly sensationalism is what sells in religion(and society), not the true meat and potatoes or principles the religion could teach
thats not Mel Gibson fault tho, like i said thats just the modern state of Christianity
it's the same reason the avg. church meeting consists of a preacher *preaching* and screaming at the audience
and there is no room for question or discussion and ppl are rarely encouraged to actually open up a bible and READ what they are being taught