Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI liked it a lot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=260019&mesg_id=260920
260920, I liked it a lot
Posted by janey, Mon Mar-05-07 11:58 AM
I felt drained at the end, but I was engaged all the way through.

I definitely attribute my enjoyment of parts of it to my age & location. I didn't grow up in Northern Cal, but all of California was pretty freaked out by this.

It was cool to see scenes of SF and also to remember weird details like the Halloween in 1969 when there was talk that we wouldn't go trick or treating because after all SF is only 400 miles away from the town I grew up in and the Zodiac killer was still on the loose. I think we did anyway but were just really freaked out, lol.

I DON'T THINK THE FOLLOWING IS A SPOILER BUT YOU MIGHT

Also there's a point at which Armistead Maupin writes that one of the detectives probably made up one of the Zodiac letters, big fuss, which I found extremely ironic, given that Maupin was himself famously taken in by someone posing as an ill child. Of course, unlike the detective, Maupain parlayed his big mistake into a nice little book & movie (The Night Listener).

~~~~~

It is painful in the extreme to live with questions rather than with answers, but that is the only honorable intellectual course. (c) Norman Mailer