Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: I'm more curious to know what you liked about Infinite Crisis
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=257108&mesg_id=257324
257324, RE: I'm more curious to know what you liked about Infinite Crisis
Posted by justin_scott, Thu Feb-22-07 08:14 PM
another thing i didn't like about civil war, is that while infinite crisis had been developing for years, civil war felt like it was thought up as a way to battle DC for sales.

as for infinite crisis, it basically began about 2003 i think. it was a natural progression. first off, me personally, i think seven issues of infinite crisis were better drawn than the whole of civil war. as for the story, IC #1 was excellent, especially with the build up from all the spin offs, esp. countdown to infinite crisis. i wonder if some people may have been thrown off by not having read "crisis on infinite earths." personally, i thought infinite crisis had problems, as any major event usually does, but i found it understandable, but then again, i have all the spin offs, and i've read past DC events.

blue beetle being murdered by maxwell lord was shocking, and it was blue beetle! they made a d list superhero's death not only matter, but happen with dignity. the idea of superman being manipulated by mind control added a new danger to superman, and batman's satellite being used against him was brilliant.

post 31 and 32 also add some great reasons why IC was MY favorite by far.

honestly, i felt IC edged CW by a landslide. maybe if marvel had a better editorial staff, or if JOEY Q wasn't in charge, CW might have been memorable. as it is, it will be remembered for being shocking for shock value alone.