Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFor me there wasn't enough build-up for there to have been an anti-climax
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=257108&mesg_id=257171
257171, For me there wasn't enough build-up for there to have been an anti-climax
Posted by buckshot defunct, Thu Feb-22-07 11:28 AM
At least where Robo-Thor is concerned.

He was an interesting plot twist, beyond that I didn't have any expectations for the "character" <---- using the term really loosely here.

Civil War and Infinite Crisis both set out to make lots of money and re-shape their respective universes... So that those universes might in turn make lots of money. Infinite Crisis had a larger scope perhaps, but unfortunately there wasn't any story there. It was just a big, clumsy continuity hammer. At least with Civil War things were a bit more story driven. Sure there were plot holes, and some questionable characterizations, and some straight up dumb shit... but there was always a story. Things changed because of the motivations and actions of the characters involved. In Infinite Crisis things changed because... Superboy Prime punched time.

Each event fit its respective company perfectly though. IC was huge and capey and unapologetically dorky. CW was a 4 color sideshow of heroes behaving badly. The former aimed high and missed its mark. The latter gave my inner 12 year old just what he needed.