Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: And now you're lying.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=254858&mesg_id=258089
258089, RE: And now you're lying.
Posted by princeguy, Sun Feb-25-07 04:48 PM
Bignick,

Really man, it's not because you don't like what someone else likes. We KNOW black people aren't monolithic, it comes as no surprise to us if you don't like something we make.

We're all kinds of people, with all kinds of tastes and interests. So, stop it with the "i'm being attacked because I'm black but I don't like black movies" rhetoric. Stop playing that card.

If you're frustrated that you experience a lot of racist people who assume you'll like a movie JUST because its black, then get at them, but you don't have to shit on the movie to prove this. When you do this, you SHIT on the movie JUST because you're black. That's just as bad, if not worse. Because we need more films like Daddy's Little Girls, but when people prejudge it without merit, then YOU miss out, and the numbers may be affected, which may make US miss out if they stop making good meaningful black movies for financial reasons.

Right now, I'm gonna try not to come back at your little kiddie insults of who's a dumb motherfucker. What I think you really need is to open your mind and love who you are. We really are a beautiful people, and you can always come home, brother.