Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Of course I didn't mean ALL black folks.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=254858&mesg_id=258050
258050, RE: Of course I didn't mean ALL black folks.
Posted by princeguy, Sun Feb-25-07 03:08 PM
BigNick hates black movies. He hates on EVERY black movie that comes out, and he hasn't seen ANY of them.

He can tell EVERYBODY the movie is bad without even SEEING it.

He always uses the excuse that the writing is bad. WITHOUT EVEN SEEING IT.

BigNick, you should stop hating yourself. I feel so sorry for you. You want to come off as this snobbish movie film guy, but you make an ass of yourself anytime you say a movie is bad AND YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT. If that's not prejudice then tell us what is.

If white critics say its good, then he'll love it. Well, here's a surprise dude. A lot of black folks ain't ashamed of being black, and we ain't ashamed of going to see a black movie without prejudice. Our minds are open, unlike yours. We don't have these allegedly loft expectations that EVERY MOVIE has to be some deep intellectually complex mindbending experience. Yes, we like those movies too, but we can also roll with a movie like Daddy's Little Girls and not be so much of a tight-ass where we can't enjoy it.

The movie was good. A lot of black folks were really touched by it. How can you explain when other human beings are telling you the movie touched them?

I bet if you were in our faces you'd be on some kiss-ass B.S. and wouldn't be so prejudgemental in your words about EVERY black movie.