Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectJoe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia (with Video)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=254619
254619, Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia (with Video)
Posted by tappenzee, Wed Feb-14-07 10:17 AM
http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=53945

Joe Rogan VS Carlos Mencia, ONSTAGE VIDEO.

Posted by Joe Rogan on Tue, Feb 13th, 2007 07:24pm
So here’s how it all went down…
I had a set at the comedy store Saturday night, and after I closed, I was bringing on the next comedian, a guy named Kirk Fox that works for Carlos Mencia.

I introduce him saying that he’s a funny guy, and that he opens on the road for Carlos “Menstealia.” That’s the name we call him at the comedy store, and of course Carlos doesn’t like it one bit.
Carlos was apparently in the room when I said this, and the perfect combination of ego and timing made him decide that this was the night to put his foot down.

As I got off stage and headed towards the back of the room, he grabbed the mike away from Kirk, and said that I was too much of a pussy to say that shit to his face.

Which to me, is something akin to the hottest girl in the world daring you to fuck her while you’re standing there in her bedroom naked with a boner.

Of course I had to disagree with him, and I decided to get onstage with him and have this “meeting of the minds” as it were.
On video, and for the whole world to see via the internet.
Shazam!

Now, a lot of comics have had a problem with Carlos stealing material for a long time now, but for whatever reason, many of them don’t like to talk about it publicly, mostly because they’re afraid that people are going to think that they’re just jealous. That, and they’re worried about him using his power in “Hollywood” to have them black balled for talking badly about him. But in private, they talk about it. A LOT.

It’s a huge problem at the comedy store, to the point where some really good comics are refusing to go onstage if he’s there watching the show, and others have a signal system to alert the guy onstage that Carlos has walked into the room.

It’s really THAT BAD.

It’s like a dark cloud that hovers over the place when he’s performing there. He walks by and people literally stop their conversations and move away.

For whatever reason, the owner of the comedy store, Mitzi Shore, has always let him go up there, perhaps because he started there and the fact that she was actually the one to name himself Carlos Mencia instead of his actual name of Ned. Or, maybe she just wasn’t aware of how big of a problem it had become. Either way, it’s her club, and she’s done so much for comedy in general, and me in particular, that I would never question her about any of her decisions. In fact, I had never even talked to her personally about the problem until today.
Quite honestly, I'm happy to get this video and this blog out there, so that hopefully this can be the last time that I have talk about it.
Even I'm getting sick of me talking about it at this point.

To give you a little background, when I first moved to Hollywood way back in 1994 Carlos and I were actually friends.
We hung out together a bunch of times. Played pool together, went to the gym, hung out at the store, all kinds of shit. That’s also how I know that he’s really half German and Half Honduran and not Mexican. I know it, because he told me himself.

I thought that it was weird to use a fake name, but who gives a shit really. No big deal.

Other than that he seemed to be a cool guy.

Then I started to see it. Over and over again, I would see him do jokes that I knew I had heard before. Then I saw some real obvious shit. Some jokes that I knew were Paul Mooney’s, some that were right off a Richard Pryor album. I brought it up to him, and he gave me this half assed denial that I knew was a lie. That was the end of our friendship.

I didn’t hate the guy, but there was no way I could hang around with him knowing he’s a thief.

For someone who is not a comic, and doesn’t understand what the big deal is about comics stealing jokes, please let me try to explain it to you.

It’s hard to come up with material. It takes a lot of work, a lot of rewriting, sometimes an approach bombs and you have to rethink it, and often it’s a long process until you get to a finished product.
Now, occasionally a joke will come to you in full form, but for the most part it’s just an idea that can become a great bit with some work.

Now, when you work hard on a bit and polish and craft it, and then someone just disrespects the whole process, steps in, steals it and performs it as his own, that’s a pretty intense creative violation.
I’ve been in the back of a club while a guy was onstage doing one of my bits and believe me that’s a shitty fucking feeling. It’s like watching your girlfriend getting fucked onstage by a liar while the whole audience cheers.

What’s even worse, is if you’re a struggling comic, and the guy stealing your shit has his own show on comedy central.

Now, our little “beef” started out about a year and a half ago when Carlos was on the radio in Tucson, Arizona doing “the Frank show”, and he started talking shit about me, mainly telling a bunch of weird lies about a recent night where we had worked together back to back at the store. Unfortunately for him, the DJ sent me an mp3 of the discussion, and we actually had the evening he was referring to in his story on video, and we posted it up on the internet for all to see and laugh at. His version of the night was nothing more than a weird mix of lies and bragging, and it was pretty obvious to anyone seeing the video and listening to him on the radio that the guy is screwy.

You can check it out here.
http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=44170

Ever since then, shit talking has been going on back and forth from both sides, and to be honest I’ve been baiting him into a “conversation” to expose him and end this all for a while now, I just never thought he would actually be dumb enough to want to do it in front of an audience, especially when he knew that we were filming it.

Ego is a motherfucker, I guess.

Either way, I’m glad we got this over with.
For the record, I don’t hate the guy. I never really did.
I hated what he was doing, but him as a person it’s really more like I felt pity for him.

The dude was living a gigantic lie, and no matter how fucked up and powerful your ego is, there’s got to be a part of the back of his brain that realizes what’s going on, and cringes at the reality. I think maybe it’s even his own subconscious knowing that he’s doing something wrong that forced him into this un-winnable battle.
I’m completely convinced that if I ever got that dude high he would curl up into the fetal position and cry for hours.
Either that, or launch himself off a cliff.

When all was said and done at the end of the night, especially after I saw the video, I actually felt sorry for him. I think there’s part of him that actually believes his own bullshit. I compared him to OJ in the video, in that they’ve both convinced themselves that they’re innocent, and really I think it’s a valid comparison.

Stand up comedy is an awesome, amazing way to make a living, and the comedy store is the greatest place to practice it in the known universe. It’s just a really fun place, and there’s a ton of funny comics that hang around there, and for the most part it’s a really positive environment.

We support each other, and we make each other laugh. We have fun together, except for this one little problem. Hopefully this video will help fix that, and make everything nice-nice again.

Enjoy :)

Joe Rogan VS Carlos Mencia ONSTAGE VIDEO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnTRSetqvvQ&eurl=
254670, Although he's totally right, Joe is lying about wantin to make nice.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Feb-14-07 12:47 PM
Clearly he doesn't want to make nice with him, lol. He wants to ruin this guy. Which is fine by me. But Joe should just come out and say, "Look, he's an asshole and a thief, fuck that guy."
254673, hahaha i thought the same thing. guy is ethering his career on stage
Posted by dgonsh, Wed Feb-14-07 12:49 PM
and then wants to pretend he wants to make nice.
254682, He has to say that though- that is the etiquette for comics
Posted by Castro, Wed Feb-14-07 01:05 PM
The funny thing is the guys who end up BLOWING UP either have good writers or are thieves- there are few comics who consistently come up with there own world class jokes without collaboration...and everyone knows it....that's why it doesn't pay to steal jokes.
254701, Wrong wrong and more wrong.
Posted by bignick, Wed Feb-14-07 01:35 PM
>The funny thing is the guys who end up BLOWING UP either have
>good writers or are thieves- there are few comics who
>consistently come up with there own world class jokes without
>collaboration...and everyone knows it....that's why it doesn't
>pay to steal jokes.

I really wish people would stop talking about things they know nothing about.
254704, I did comedy, and that was my experience.....
Posted by Castro, Wed Feb-14-07 01:42 PM
Corny niggas like you are the ones that kill me....presuming you are the end all be all of everything related to comedy, literature or whatever...

You could either post your experience or fall the fuck back...
254706, If you did comedy, you should know better.
Posted by bignick, Wed Feb-14-07 01:51 PM
>Corny niggas like you are the ones that kill me....presuming
>you are the end all be all of everything related to comedy,
>literature or whatever...

And it's not about me presuming to know everything. It's about me having enough brains to realize that a ton of comics "blew up" because they are really talented and they work their asses off. Not because they have other people writing their material or are thieves.

Also, in the future, when you say something really stupid and wrong and get called on it. Don't resort to calling the person names.

Just fucking be wrong.
254769, that post didnt sound like it came from someone whos done comedy
Posted by THEdirtyone, Wed Feb-14-07 05:10 PM
that "few" you put in there was a little extra.

how long have ou been doing stand up and which cities?
254819, uhm... it's a joke.
Posted by PolarbearToenails, Wed Feb-14-07 08:04 PM
of course he isn't trying to make nice.
254687, God, I hate Carlos "Ned" Mencia
Posted by God Loves Ugly, Wed Feb-14-07 01:14 PM
I wish he would be banned from tv.

They should just replace his show with Kids in the Hall reruns or something.
254689, There's one thing you might not know about me Joe Rogan...
Posted by blue23, Wed Feb-14-07 01:15 PM
.. I smoke rocks. (c) Chappelle

Sorry, can't hear that name without thinking of it.
254982, I"m so happy i don't suffer
Posted by The Rapture7, Thu Feb-15-07 10:34 AM
from this affliction alone.
254690, WOW- Joe went hard.
Posted by Castro, Wed Feb-14-07 01:15 PM
254705, i wonder how long comedy central's gonna keep this guy on
Posted by ronin soul, Wed Feb-14-07 01:49 PM
254708, wow...that vid was ETHER!!!!!!
Posted by KnowOne, Wed Feb-14-07 01:56 PM
n/m
254712, Ned lost.
Posted by bignick, Wed Feb-14-07 02:03 PM
I love the people in the audience screaming, "Tell a joke!"
254728, Joe Rogan on DMT and the meaning of life
Posted by Smokey Stayhigh, Wed Feb-14-07 02:51 PM
joe rogan is DEEEP

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gaqqgd

(sorry for the postjack, this is oldi think but if people haven't heard this they should. joe rogan is a fuckin character)
254755, damn... that was quite the thesis right there
Posted by Whiteout, Wed Feb-14-07 04:07 PM
I'm looking at Joe Rogan in all kinds of new lights right now.

Thanks for posting this.
254774, yo dawg....
Posted by THEdirtyone, Wed Feb-14-07 05:31 PM
this shit happened to me..... i took some ridiculous shit one time. i wont even say what it was....

i couldnt have described it better myself... there was no alien, but its pretty damn close.... i was just flying through space and through the earth's crust and shit.... and shit was moving forward and backwards.... rewinding and fast forwarding and shit.... and mine lasted longer than 5 minutes it was like hours.

listen to the whole thing.... this shit is TRUE. Everything. Especially that bacteria shit.

i learned the meaning of life when i was FUCKED UP.
254780, LOL!!!
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Feb-14-07 05:51 PM
255179, that was AWESOME!
Posted by aswahdan, Thu Feb-15-07 06:09 PM
i'm an instant rogan fan now
254747, Lmao
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Wed Feb-14-07 03:41 PM
man manstealia got ethered point blank
254767, Man, Joe Rogan is a funny dude.
Posted by hype_phb, Wed Feb-14-07 05:06 PM
I said that around here once and everybody thought I was dumb, because of the whole Fear Factor thing (which yeah, sucks balls). But I'm telling you, see his standup DVD, Belly of the Beast, and tell me it's not some funny, funny shit....
254820, he sure is.
Posted by PolarbearToenails, Wed Feb-14-07 08:06 PM
not my cup of tea, but a talented and funny guy. I've laughed at his standup pretty heartily despite how "not my thing" it is.
254776, Dang. You know what the funniest shit was, though?
Posted by Invisiblist, Wed Feb-14-07 05:33 PM
The end when dude said "I don't like cocaine, I just like the way it smells." lolol
254783, lol
Posted by Ceej, Wed Feb-14-07 06:02 PM
254781, Ned's soul has been set on fire
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Feb-14-07 05:53 PM
254791, And most people still don't care
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed Feb-14-07 06:53 PM
Most of America could give two shits if Mencia steals stuff or not. They don't care if every joke is obvious. People think he's funny and until he starts stealing the wrong material and isn't funny, they'll like him.

Joe needs to take this to the woman at the Comedy Store or really make a push for something to change or else it's nothing but preaching to a powerless choir.
254817, It's like hot grits on ya chest in the morning... (c) Khujo Goodie
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Feb-14-07 08:01 PM
254822, The Bobby Lee shit was funny, "Oh, you mean Ned?"
Posted by likwit_crew, Wed Feb-14-07 08:11 PM
I've heard (matter of fact I think it was on this board) that Robin Williams is known for jackin material too.
254841, Don't let MAD TV fool you. Bobby Lee is a funny dude.
Posted by bignick, Wed Feb-14-07 08:43 PM
254846, Yeah, on the extras to Harold and Kumar
Posted by likwit_crew, Wed Feb-14-07 08:55 PM
Bobby Lee drives them around for commentary, you can tell he definitely is a funny dude.
254829, Ned just got BODIED.
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Feb-14-07 08:22 PM
n/m
254844, My money is on, The Mexican!
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Feb-14-07 08:49 PM
Both are lame.
254850, who doesn't love beef? It's good for hiphop it's good for politics
Posted by Ason, Wed Feb-14-07 09:03 PM
254903, When I was in NYC I saw this old ass comic Bobby something...
Posted by guitarnp, Thu Feb-15-07 12:27 AM
I don't remember his name exactly and he was baiscally doing a version of Mencia's act...much better and more naturally than mencia. The whole "dun dun da" thing that he does was basically lifted out of this dudes act. He doesn't say the exact same thing but its close enough for you to make the connection. I remember thinking either this old ass dude who has been doing stand up for decades is stealing from shitty Carlos Mencia or...and just assumed that Carlos was another Dane Crook stealing material from their idols
254978, the whole "duh duh duh" thing is stupid
Posted by tappenzee, Thu Feb-15-07 10:24 AM
why can't he just say "retarded"?

But that's the least of my problems with Mencia
254988, Was this Bobby Slayton?
Posted by mrhood75, Thu Feb-15-07 10:54 AM
'Cause that sounds like his act. At least back in the days. Wouldn't surprise me if Mencia jacked him too.
254913, fuck, video not available
Posted by xangeluvr, Thu Feb-15-07 01:19 AM
now it says that the video is not available.
254915, Joe Rogan banned
Posted by xangeluvr, Thu Feb-15-07 01:23 AM
Rogan latest blog says that he's now banned from The Comedy Store because of the video. check it out www.joerogan.net
254938, of all the ass-backwards shit... how wacked
Posted by Whiteout, Thu Feb-15-07 08:36 AM
I got all new respect for Rogan... now they're gonna martyr his ass...

Fuck Ned in his hairy, german, anti-semitic ass... I never liked him, and he doesn't even have a Fear Factor to excuse that.

254917, I'm fuckin' heated
Posted by bski, Thu Feb-15-07 01:42 AM
Mencia's no-talent ass took the video down...

http://www.myspace.com/bski
http://www.myspace.com/livesociety
254920, Joe rogan is the man
Posted by Mudbone, Thu Feb-15-07 02:10 AM
With Rogan taking Ned Mencia out on stage and George Lopez choking the mother fucker, I'm a happy a man, I can not stand him. He's a mean , unfunny prick. Fuck Ned; fuck Mitzi Shore for coming up with the whole "Carlos Mencia sounds more Mexican; and fuck Comedy Centrall for throwing up his show after Dave Chappelle walked. That's like taking someone's solid gold bar and replacing it with a brick made of shit and saying the shit brick is better I never liked his ass. I knew he was lifting shit. I didn't know if was this bad. Fuck him.
254941, Speaking of bricks...
Posted by Whiteout, Thu Feb-15-07 08:37 AM
Someone should Roberto Calvi that bitch...
255032, But gives so much understanding and new found appreciation
Posted by Cre8, Thu Feb-15-07 01:31 PM
to why and HOW Chappelle could walk.
That vidrevelation really separates the real from the 'I'll do ANYTHING' to get somethings.
255034, But how does that speak to Dave's situation?
Posted by bignick, Thu Feb-15-07 01:34 PM
He had already achieved super, mega stardom doing things his way with total creative control.
255190, that when you got 'it'
Posted by Cre8, Thu Feb-15-07 06:40 PM
you aint thirsty to get more.
Despite getting his, mencia still wants more and is unable to see the error in his ways(theivery) cause he's afraid of letting go and that's only because he never had 'it'. Dave can pick up at ANY time, Menc can't, least not w/out 'borrowing' from other acts.

YEAH CHAPPELLE!
255196, I still don't see how this has anything to do with Dave, and...
Posted by bignick, Thu Feb-15-07 06:48 PM
...if the things all these comics are saying is true, Mencia probably got his by stealing. So, of course, he has to keep stealing to keep "it."

255544, That's what I'm saying
Posted by Cre8, Fri Feb-16-07 06:51 PM
It's like a man who can fish to feed himself and a man who steals fish as survival. The man who can fish can make his way anywhere in the world were there's fish at his hearts desire. The man that steals must always rely on others and their hearts desires. God forbid he gets caught.

Jokes are the fish
Dave is the fisher
Mencia the theif
Comedy/Entertainment the world/audience/clubs etc.
get it?
254961, Google Video
Posted by Frank Mackey, Thu Feb-15-07 09:53 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7841918711943453918
254980, good looks
Posted by tappenzee, Thu Feb-15-07 10:27 AM
255062, Thanks for the link...
Posted by BOO-YAH-KAH, Thu Feb-15-07 02:16 PM

"Got more style than a pimp wearin' pink python pumps, pushin' a purple Cadillac..."

- Reese Del Uno AKA Chuck Taylor (Bleu Collar)
254991, myspace
Posted by m, Thu Feb-15-07 11:01 AM
i love the comments that are being left on his page before people bail on him.

still, 280k is a lot of friends lol... that's more than ?uesto
255030, This sucks... (See below)
Posted by BOO-YAH-KAH, Thu Feb-15-07 01:29 PM
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Carlos Mencia"

I didn't get to see it!!!!
255039, Post 40
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-15-07 01:37 PM
Just worked for me
255041, RE: This sucks... (See below)
Posted by m, Thu Feb-15-07 01:38 PM
if you go to his blog (see link in op), there are multiple updated video links.
255085, Oh the irony "copyright claim by Carlos Mencia" ha ha
Posted by likwit_crew, Thu Feb-15-07 03:26 PM
255180, lol, in other new Mind of Mencia cancelled due to copyright infringment
Posted by Ceej, Thu Feb-15-07 06:12 PM
m
255396, ha!
Posted by tappenzee, Fri Feb-16-07 09:22 AM
255037, Carlos Mencia to me is an Uncle Tom
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Thu Feb-15-07 01:35 PM
I hate when people just make corny ass degrading easy ethnic jokes about their own people.
He is even worse because he isnt even chicano.
FOH
255083, Ole Ned got his green card pulled
Posted by jigga, Thu Feb-15-07 03:19 PM
255168, Carlos Won...I know y'all don't see it but he did. Joe is trying to...
Posted by PanicManic, Thu Feb-15-07 05:49 PM
...stand up for his friends but Carlos already got his paper.
255194, ask other comediens who won...
Posted by m, Thu Feb-15-07 06:45 PM
there are things that are more important than who has the most money.

joe rogan has plenty of money (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0736579/). the difference between him and carlos is that he didn't have to blatantly steal to earn his.

255197, Joe Rogan is paid out the rectum too. What's your point?
Posted by bignick, Thu Feb-15-07 06:49 PM
Mencia got called out for being a lying joke thief by at least 5 people in that video.
He lost.
255229, Rich and Thieving > Poor, Struggling and Original
Posted by PanicManic, Thu Feb-15-07 07:58 PM
I'm not even bringing how much Joe makes into the conversation. I said Joe's trying to stand up for his friends who don't have enough charisma and hustle to become rich off their own jokes. They lack whatever Carlos has. Sure it's unethical, but it's not illegal. If they're really mad they should just copywrite their jokes.
255243, Rich with integrity>>>>Rich without it.
Posted by bignick, Thu Feb-15-07 08:20 PM
>I'm not even bringing how much Joe makes into the
>conversation. I said Joe's trying to stand up for his friends
>who don't have enough charisma and hustle to become rich off
>their own jokes.

There are countless performers of all kinds who lack for neither charisma nor hustle, yet haven't gotten rich. To even make that statement speaks volumes.

>They lack whatever Carlos has.

I don't know of very many comics who would say they want whatever Carlos has.

>Sure it's
>unethical, but it's not illegal. If they're really mad they
>should just copywrite their jokes.

No, what should happen is this asshole should stop stealing jokes.
255259, Integrity is an overrated notion...it's a business...
Posted by PanicManic, Thu Feb-15-07 08:34 PM
artists, entertainers, etc get caught up in the whole integrity BS. His hustle was completely legal.

Like I said, I think it's unethical and underhanded but Carlos just lapped the careers of all those guys crying on the tape. He was smarter than them. He might not be funnier or more talented but he did what he had to do to get that money.
255297, he lapped richard pryor?
Posted by m, Thu Feb-15-07 09:26 PM
okay...
255319, Richard Pryor was on that tape? RIF
Posted by PanicManic, Thu Feb-15-07 10:35 PM
255347, Thank your lucky stars there are artists with integrity.
Posted by bignick, Fri Feb-16-07 12:53 AM
Without them, none of your favorite art would exist.

>Like I said, I think it's unethical and underhanded but Carlos
>just lapped the careers of all those guys crying on the tape.

None of those guys were crying. None of those guys was even really complaining about it. The only reason it was an issue is because he brought Rogan up on the stage and then they questioned the other comics.

>He was smarter than them.

No. He was more underhanded than them.
255438, Agree on this point...
Posted by PanicManic, Fri Feb-16-07 12:05 PM
>>Thank your lucky stars there are artists with integrity

Or else there'd be no new original material
255534, ^^^does not believe in the golden rule^^^
Posted by Lightfoot, Fri Feb-16-07 06:17 PM
255536, stupid rationale
Posted by johnny_domino, Fri Feb-16-07 06:27 PM
Money should rarely, if ever, be a proxy for who "won". Plenty of people have a lot of money and still suck at life. That's why it's just money.
255697, stupid was overly harsh
Posted by johnny_domino, Sat Feb-17-07 03:12 PM
tried to edit, but it was too late. Anyway, everything else I said stands, scoreboard chants only work in sports.
255270, I never thought Carlos Mencia was funny.....
Posted by Mongo Slade, Thu Feb-15-07 08:44 PM

..he and his show are wack to me...
255395, The Latest: Joe Rogan's agent drops him
Posted by tappenzee, Fri Feb-16-07 09:19 AM
http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=53981

My agent dropped me because of the Carlos�
Posted by Joe Rogan on Thu, Feb 15th, 2007 06:14pm
This is starting to get hysterical.
As the fearful little animals scamper to a safe, dry spot on the sinking ship of lies, characters are exposed and karma is radiantly beautiful.

My agent from the Gersh agency, who is the same guy that represents Carlos, spoke to me on the phone today. He told me that he was being "put in the middle of this thing, and forced to make a choice." He said that Carlos wanted to get on the phone with me and end this once and for all, and get this... wanted an apology.
If I didn't do this, he wanted the Gersh agency to either drop me, or he would leave them.

I told them that was fucking hilarious, and said that it's been fun working with them. The fact that they would even consider asking me to do something like that meant I was going to leave them anyway, but the sheer stereotypical "hollywood" nature of conversation actually fucking shocked me.
It was like a scene in a movie. Not even a current movie. More like that Kevin Bacon movie "The Big Picture" that was about the evils of Hollywood from the early 90's.

I hung up the phone and laughed out loud. A real, hard, pleasure filled laugh.

Now can you IMAGINE if I was a young, struggling comic and all this shit went down? THAT is the really ugly part of it.
Now you know why people don't speak up about this shit.

Hollywood eats it's young.
At least the Gersh agency does.

What a fascinating, and intriguing life this is turning out to be.
255411, damn, he's takin a hit over this
Posted by mc_delta_t, Fri Feb-16-07 10:18 AM
but I'm really glad he's willing to do it
255435, not really ...
Posted by Drizzit, Fri Feb-16-07 11:35 AM
sure, his "agent" dropped him and there is some fall-out, but joe is well established and will come out of this better than ever. he still has his UFC announcing gig and will prolly get some other projects just because of this kerfuffle alone.

this line says it all:

"Now can you IMAGINE if I was a young, struggling comic and all this shit went down? THAT is the really ugly part of it."

no wonder no one was saying anything.
255444, Exactly...he didn't do Fear Factor for free
Posted by likwit_crew, Fri Feb-16-07 12:33 PM
he is able to do this because he's established himself. A young comic doing this would be ruined.
255672, oh I'm sure he'll be fine
Posted by mc_delta_t, Sat Feb-17-07 01:07 PM
but I'm sayin' getting dropped by your agent and now banned from the comedy store?

That's takin' a hit in the industry.
255600, When you think about it..aint Rogan richer than Mencia?
Posted by Madvillain 626, Fri Feb-16-07 09:54 PM
I mean dude got (had?) Fear Factor, a NBC show that's in syndication now, on top of whatever else he's doing.

All Mencia got is that CC show, and who knows how much longer he'll have that after this.
255683, He was on News Radio too.
Posted by bignick, Sat Feb-17-07 02:28 PM
255636, ned calls joe gay (link)
Posted by gusto, Sat Feb-17-07 02:48 AM
http://www.markandmercedes.com/markmercedes/audio/2007/021607_Carlos_on_Rogan_lofi.mp3