Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject"Postgame Mortem"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=247944&mesg_id=254660
254660, "Postgame Mortem"
Posted by Walleye, Wed Feb-14-07 12:17 PM
In spite of the dwindling number of people watching still watching "Veronica Mars" nationwide, I think this is turning into a pretty good season. This recent episode was unconventional in a lot of the right ways, breaking away from the "mystery of the week" format and the goofy pairing of Logan and the little kid.

If the basketball coach's murder is anything like the sort of stories the show will be dealing with when it breaks away from the large scale mysteries, I'm more on-board than I was before. But I think I was probably more on board than most people anyhow.

I suppose some people might find Logan's interaction with the little girl a bit lightweight, but if you're getting tired of the interminable Logan+Veronica (I refuse to call it "LoVe") hairpulling then it was a pretty break from it for an episode, even if Logan's teenagery post-relationship angst was the context. I was pretty happy with it. The scene in the elevator was fantastic.

There was some real progress (that will probably be red herrings) made on the O'Dell murder. We got some of Wallace, some of Cliff and some of Weevil. There was no Mac and not even close to enough Wallace, particularly considering it was a mystery about the murder of his coach. When I saw the episode description I was pretty encouraged that we might see a lot more Wallace, so that was kind of a letdown. Maybe more in the next one?

Does anybody else think that the basketball coach murder is going to get tied up with Dean O'Dell's murder at all?