Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Last night's was pretty damned good...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=247944&mesg_id=250586
250586, RE: Last night's was pretty damned good...
Posted by Walleye, Wed Jan-31-07 10:30 AM
>...though I've seen some complaints about it at twop.

Wait. They complained about something at Television Without Pity?

Imagine that.

>The twists were clever, and there were some funny parts. Keith
>got some more shine, which is always good--the part where he
>and Lamb were at the stoplight had kind of a classic feel to
>it.

Totally. Also the part where he got Lamb on the "solving cases is relaxing" line. The delayed "guh" reaction on Lamb's part was kind of corny, but the whole exchange was so Season 1 that it was worth it.

>Overall I thought this was one of the more solid eps of
>the season. BUT I STAY wondering where the hell Wallace is.
>He was a central character in the first couple seasons...now
>he's only been in two or three eps of this whole
>season==wack.

The absence of Wallace has made me realize that when I complain about needing more screentime for the peripheral characters, I actually mean Wallace. More Mac and more Weevil is nice. And Dick throwing polaroids of his penis off a balcony is the best kind of hilarious, but it's only a substitute for quality Wallace time once in a blue moon.

And that they couldn't work Wallace into this mystery-of-the-week when the central character was the guy that was introduced because he sold Wallace the test cheat? Lame. The sort of silly thing is that he probably hasn't missed many more episodes than in season 1 and season 2, but they either explained his absence better (moving to Chicago) or spread it out more efficiently.

Still, I really enjoyed this one. I like that the Dean's murder seems to be, for the time being, Keith's case. Having somebody besides Veronica working on it will balance the show a little bit better. I don't like to get all "Season 1 is the Golden Age", because I liked Season2 and Season 3 so far, but I do believe it was a greater degree of excellent. So any maneuver that echoes that season is a good start.