Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectJaney, we struck gold last year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=236091&mesg_id=236558
236558, Janey, we struck gold last year
Posted by DoctorBombay, Fri Dec-08-06 02:01 AM
Shadow of the Wind for pops and Last Samurai for my mom were strokes of genius! If I haven't already I would like to take this opportunity to express my thanks.

But now the pressure is on. Expectations have risen. The gift selection process has become quite difficult.

This Geographer's Library book seems like an inriguing option for my father. I have read some not so great reviews, but a fan of the work of both Dan Brown and Zafon should dig it, I suppose. I've already got him Saramago's The History of the Siege of Lisbon, but I'm looking for something to go along with it.

As for moms, she's been devouring Murakami ever since I introduced her to David Mitchell last year. I don't know of anything in the same vein as those books that I think she'll like as much, so I think I might go in a different direction. You know anything about Colm Toibin's The Master? Do you have an opinion on Alice Munro?