Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectHeavyweights was out at the same time Dumb & Dumber was.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=206316&mesg_id=207764
207764, Heavyweights was out at the same time Dumb & Dumber was.
Posted by ricky_BUTLER, Mon Aug-21-06 04:00 AM
I remeber it was this girl Bailey's 10th birthday. March sometime, and we were originally gonna see Dumb & Dumber. However, since we also were all 9 or 10, it was PG-13, and Bailey's parents didn't wanna get anybody else's parents mad, we settled on Heavyweights.

I remember enjoying it, then again on video. Seeing it a couple years later, it wasn't as good, but still very watchable.

Kinda weird that, at the time, I had no idea who Ben Stiller was, let alone that it was him at the end playing a dual role.

Also, I think I had a tiny ten-year old crush on the female camp counselor back then.

>The Sandlot

This is still great, and the fireworks scene is one of my favorite minutes of film.

>Baby's Day Out

John Hughes was fucking up by '94. Saw it on video and knew it sucked.

>Camp Nowhere

With that one guy who was in every teen movie in the 90's.

>The Mighty Ducks/D2: The Mighty Ducks

That opening sequence got me so hyped in the theater.

>Sidekicks

I haven't seen this in forever. Doubt it would hold up.

>Surf Ninjas

Tone Loc, a special video game, and attacking an island fortress via surfboards. Good shit.

>Three Ninjas, Three Ninjas: Kick Back, Three Ninjas:Nuckle Up

Kick Back, where they go to Japan? wack. Never even saw Knuckle Up, but the first is a classic. We named this stray dog my family took in "Rocky" in honor of the older brother.