Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectmy wife & I saw it this weekend...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=203274&mesg_id=204418
204418, my wife & I saw it this weekend...
Posted by Voodoochilde, Tue Aug-08-06 09:48 PM
heheh...took the kids too. (i thought it probably shoulda got an R rating though...but my kids are old enough to deal)

that said, we loved it. very funny & fun stuff. Filled with a bunch of memorable lines that folks will be repeating for some time. plus, i don't even give a rats ass about nascar but believe it or not, the race sequences in this movie actually made me think about wanting to go to a race...so go figure.

but the movie is really about funny, and and suceeds there all over the place. If you wanna just let loose and get some good ol' silly laughing going on then you'll enjoy this one.

Frank summed it up pretty nicely already...

"This movie is very funny, but has more plot than Anchorman. It's not just joke after joke with zero story the way Anchorman was (mind you, I absolutely loved Anchorman). It's a really funny movie that will get funnier with repeat viewings with surprisingly good racing sequencing and a lot of hilarious improv moments."

i agree wih that 100%...SPOILER'esque'...

...and I'm NOT just jacked up on Mountain Dew...