Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI've only seen the pilot, BUT...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=161869&mesg_id=191212
191212, I've only seen the pilot, BUT...
Posted by handle, Thu Jun-15-06 10:11 PM
I can say it shows promise.

There were funny LINES in the show but the production values were a bit off.

1)When Louis was mumbling about "I'll clean anything if you suck my dick once in a while" it was definitely hard to hear. I understand he didn't want anyone on the show to hear it, but it seemed mic'd poorly.

2)The sets are Rosannish, BUT also "Newhart before they went to film"-ish too. Newhart on tape looked awful, and so did this pilot.

3)The establishing shot of the bar looked DV or less.

4)They should have blocked a shot DIRECTLY on Louis when he said "I'm going to fuck your tits off." The two shot from the side didn't work for me. Imagine Alex saying hat to Ellen on family ties, it's been a dead on shot of Michael J. Fox doing that thing with his eyes that he did so much.

Maybe I'm a film bigot, but sitcoms on film seem more 'real' to me because they don't look like real life.

As for the Married With Children comparisons I have to disagree. Al, Peg, Kelly and Bud seemed to genuinely not give a shit about one another through out most of the episodes but Louis friend's and family seemed to care about one another. More Rosasnne than MWC.

It's on my Tivo for next week .