Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject"Did you notice a sign outside my house that says Dead Nigger Storage"?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=157624&mesg_id=157624
157624, "Did you notice a sign outside my house that says Dead Nigger Storage"?
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Mar-01-06 01:04 PM
With all the complaints about QT's use of the n-word, this is the only one I always find disturbing.

I'm not sure if it's because chose himself for that scene, or because he can't act for shit, but it always comes off really unnatural.

Yes, we know he's saying it to piss off Jules because he can, but that's what's disturbing about it. This guy being in this power position to repeatedly drop the n-word in Jackson's face, may seem clever to some people, and it is in a way, but for the most part, it's not much more than some silly white boy fantasy.

Other than that scene, I can't say I find his use of the word all that gratuitous. Most of it is natural dialogue when white criminals talk amongst themselves.

What are your thoughts on that scene? What are you thoughts on Tarantino and the word in general? Do you think he has some issues? Do you think he gets off on saying it? Do you think critics of it are just looking for something to bitch about? Do you think he thinks he's black?

Discuss