Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Lol. 'Alexander' did scar me for life.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=131901&mesg_id=132841
132841, RE: Lol. 'Alexander' did scar me for life.
Posted by jigga, Tue Dec-20-05 03:12 PM
>
>So I understand.
>
>Its wild because I hated 'Alexander' so much, I actuallly
>didn't recognzie Colin Ferrel because his acting was so good
>in 'Minority Report'. I was literally like "that ain't Colin
>Ferrell."

Gotta be careful w/ Colin Farrell flicks. After Minority Report I thought he was on his way 2 being 1 of the best young actors in the biz. I went back & watched Tigerland & was even more convinced. But 2 this day it's still his best performance which is upseting considering the potential he's shown.

I thought he was great in Hart's War which is a pretty underated flick. Terrance Howard fans should certainly check it out. American Outlaws & Phone Booth are watchable tho his accent is terrible in the latter which was shocking condsidering how convincing his accent was in Tigerland.

I enjoyed The Recruit & thought he did a pretty good job in it alongside Pacino. Also did a good job w/ the material he had 2 work w/ in Daredevil. 1 of the more entertaining on screen comic book villians just not enough screen time. Nice cameo in Veronica Guerin. Should've taken on a larger part however insteada signing on 4 Alexander but hindsite is 20/20. SWAT was forgettable but he was excellent in his next 2 flicks Intermission & Home @ the End of the World. Only 2 follow that up w/ Alexander. Inconsistent as hell but when he's good he's still 1 of the better young actors working 2day. Not sure why he's so hated other than the rep for boozing & womanizing which I have no problem w/ since he's so honest about it. I havent written him off yet.