Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe suggestion that Mr. Powerful has to commit his own murders...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=131901&mesg_id=132344
132344, The suggestion that Mr. Powerful has to commit his own murders...
Posted by celery77, Mon Dec-19-05 04:25 AM
... was what did the movie in for me. So you have the mother, a poor, rundown, cast-off of society who might potentially be a problem because her daughter is the seer or whatever. Fine. But why the fuck would you murder her, when murder is the one crime they look in the future for? Why not just dope her up, or lock her away, or give her some kind of fucked up brain surgery, or something like that? Why the fuck would you commit the ONE crime they're going to see? And if you're the most powerful man in the city who can pull mad strings in relation to all kinds of things, why the fuck would you commit the murder yourself? You can't get some degenerate druggy to do it for you? That's the only way you can think of doing it?

So yeah, the beginning was all right, but as the mystery started unfolding I was just hating this movie. I am a little predisposed to shit on Spielberg movies, though -- I'll admit to that. I expect a lot more from my sci-fi than this, though.