Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectlisten, if i have to read the graphic novel to 'get it'... (spoilers)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=103233&mesg_id=103777
103777, listen, if i have to read the graphic novel to 'get it'... (spoilers)
Posted by dgonsh, Mon Oct-03-05 02:17 AM
(there may be minor minor spoilers, but nothing that will ruin it more than it ruined itself.)

...then thats the films first problem. i sat through the whole movie waiting patiently and begged for it to be the movie i was told it was. but that moment never came. it dragged, and made me uncomfortable to be there. i looked for something to like. viggo was not as profound as the critics have us to believe. he just did a lot of hard staring and quick killings. very little emotion. the dialogue made me want to laugh, but i didnt out of respect to the idea of this movie.

look, this movie sucked balls. if i have to sit in a theatre and feel uncomfortable watching it, that means i have not been drawn into the film. i was not drawn in in the slightest. it doesnt take a profound movie to draw me in either. i was drawn into the 40 year old virgin. i was drawn into batman begins. i was even drawn into wedding crashers. all of these were blockbuster smashes that for the most part got good reviews, but will not win any awards that arent refered to as 'moon men.' i didnt want to be there half through this film. i thought it was poorly acted (aside from the grossly underused in this role, ed harris, and minor exceptions from less significant characters). it was horrible scripted. and the last half hour was so fucking pointless and dull. that last scene many will argue "said it all, without saying anything." personally, i think the said nothing without saying anything. all it said was "hey honey, lets eat some meatloaf and pertend like i havent been living a lie and killing people left and right at the flick of a switch and been getting off scott clean cause this city is filled with nice people, and the cops protect nice people.

so please, tell me what i missed. PLEASE!!!!!! enlighten me. i want to know. i came out of the theatre begging my friends for something i missed that they might have caught.