Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah…I feel like the initial plan for Disney+ Star Wars was to
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=748908&mesg_id=749012
749012, Yeah…I feel like the initial plan for Disney+ Star Wars was to
Posted by soulfunk, Sat Sep-09-23 09:54 AM
have shows of different genres and different feel to cast a wide net and have different favorites for everyone. (And honestly that should have been the plan for the Anthology “Star Wars Story” films. Mando started out as a space western. Andor is definitely in that spy thriller/political intrigue genre. Mando started getting way more broad though as it became the center of the Mandoverse. Kenobi felt like it should have been a 2 hour theatrical movie but they extended it, added extra plot story, gave it an TV show budget which impacted the effects, and didn’t quite land the story because of all of this. BOBF felt like it was originally Mando season 3 and they were going TOO far off of where Mando started so they just made it a separate show, and similar to Kenobi added additional “fat” to make a season that weakened the story.

Ahsoka is interesting because to me it feels like Rebels season 5. And it also feels like if you don’t at least know the bulk of the Rebels story you’d be lost. But with the more casual fans I’ve talked to - like my dad, and a couple friends, they are enjoying it as much or more than something like Mando even though they have no clue on any backstory. That to me seems like a huge goal accomplished if that’s the case.

We’ll see if that continues. This episode next week again feels like you’d NEED to understand the World Between Worlds to have any clue what’s going on, but I’ll trust that they have that figured out. It’s supposed to be a longer episode, and they are even showing it in selected theaters.