Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectlol I know right?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=748908&mesg_id=748991
748991, lol I know right?
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Sep-06-23 08:19 AM
That being said, I think Ahsoka is actually to blame a good deal here and that will be a character development point. I gave Sabine a HUGE amount of blame in my post below. But for Ahsoka, she's essentially manifesting negative things to happen, in being too protective about the worst possible outcomes. Star Wars CONTSTANTLY has heroes put in a position where a win seems like an incredible long shot, but they are able to overcome the odds through hope. Ahsoka seems to have lost all sense of hope. Justifiably so given everything she's been through:

- ⁠Being accused by the Jedi of treason
- ⁠Deciding to leave the order and figure out her own identity separate from the Jedi
- ⁠Order 66 happening and having her old Jedi family be slaughtered and almost completely wiped out
- ⁠The fact that the Jedi were slaughtered by her friends, the clones, and she had to kill many clones just to survive and escape
- ⁠Finding out that Anakin, her old master, survived Order 66, but that was because HE was also slaughtering Jedi and had become a Sith Lord
- ⁠Helping the Mandalorians take back Mandalore only to have the Empire wipe them out
- ⁠Whatever happened to her in the World between Worlds and going back to Malachor. (At this point we don’t know if when she left the WBW if she returned to the same time that she’d Ben pulled from on Malachor, or if she returned after the Battle of Endor, explaining why she wasn’t part of the OT Galactic Civil War. Or maybe she was stuck on Malachor, or maybe she was off somewhere dealing with all of the above trauma.)

So with all that, it makes sense that she's be stoic, with the spark of hope that she used to have being gone. But I think that will be a character development point for her. She'll learn to fully trust Sabine, without manifesting the worst stuff to happen. "You're going to have to make a choice to let Ezra go - can I trust you???" is a lot to put on Sabine.