Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI enjoyed it but was surprised that's where it finished (SPOILERS)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=742632&mesg_id=748493
748493, I enjoyed it but was surprised that's where it finished (SPOILERS)
Posted by mista k5, Mon Jun-26-23 09:59 AM
I thought there would be more to it. I guess I thought the power plant plan was just the first step and there would be another big plot that they would do this season. No idea if there are plans for future seasons but I could see it going either way.

I did binge most of it and I wish I didn't. I was pretty tired so I dozed off in a couple spots. My main question is when did those people get shrunk down??? lol I remember seeing it in a scene where I thought it was just a dream but then when they showed up again and were tiny I was lost. I think the leader of them was my favorite character.

Overall the show was pretty funny but kind of muted. Its not a nonstop comedy but it does keep hitting you with some pretty unique humor.

I do agree with the below poster that they balanced the surreal aspects on this much better than they did on Sorry to Bother You.

I wonder if the anti-capitalist scenes are going to be too preachy for some. I kind of wish he could have been more subtle about that but at the same time I get the point of being straight up with it instead. I think to me it made it seem a bit disjointed. Without those scenes it would be similar to many other recent (anti?) super hero shows but with a black perspective. I'm probably off base but it made me wonder if that was the compromise he made.

The building thing was golden. I took it at as a statement on how the ultra rich and even many of us are willing to do so much damage to the world for our convenience.

The AI voice was hilarious. I use CC because of how low some dialogue can be and they even called it Bill Cosby voice. It was funny when he mentioned it was just a recent thing.

I'm going to try to yell Raiders next time lol