Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectTo shed more clarity on why I disliked the second game
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747167&mesg_id=747627
747627, To shed more clarity on why I disliked the second game
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Mar-20-23 08:14 AM
without spoiling things too much for folks here that haven't played it yet, the death that occurs fairly early in the game wasn't why I disliked it. Given how morose the world the characters are in, I wasn't too upset to see that character get that resolution to be perfectly honest. The inclusion of the second game's new main playable character and being forced to care deeply about them is why I didn't like the second game. The new character's storyline felt like a slog whenever the game devoted time to them. The lack of a true resolution at the end of the game only made matters worse in terms of the story as well. Having those two negative views points from the second game would constantly nag at me if I were to take the time to watch the show.

I am somewhat curious how much the show will deviate from the second game since if things deviate too much, there is the risk of going way off basis from what the second game established, which would feel wrong in a sense to be despite the fact I didn't like the second game at all. I suppose that could start an argument on if the showrunners owe it to the source material to be in 100% agreement on everything.