Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectyall are killin' my 'positive holiday hopeful' spirit lol!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=747033&mesg_id=747051
747051, yall are killin' my 'positive holiday hopeful' spirit lol!
Posted by Voodoochilde, Fri Dec-23-22 12:56 PM
..but you're all probably right though...reality is that ONLY some company like Criterion, known for their expansive sets, would likely do something further with this.

but that said, "Summer Of Soul" DOES seem to have some of the qualities that fit the typical "Criterion treatment' criteria...prestige/critically acclaimed/award winning--StarQuality association (?uestlove and the various performers of course)--and a TON of CONTENT for POTENTIAL Bonus/BluRayOnly exclusives (we KNOW there's TONS of footage that couldnt make it into the theatrical cut. So, mining from THAT stuff ALONE would make the BluBonus features a MUST have <for me at least>...plus, i never tire of hearing ?uest talk about music & his inspirations etc, so if they could sit down with him and add that to the bonus features too? shooooot....$OLD!

im thinkin im gonna have to track down aa Criterion 'submit suggestions for future releases' contact (if one exists) and give it a go.
(my 'slightly optimistic spirit' isnt quite ALL the way stamped-out just yet dangit!! :)