Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectJust watched this weekend and.....*sigh*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744092&mesg_id=746020
746020, Just watched this weekend and.....*sigh*
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Mon Sep-12-22 01:35 PM
Really needed some restraint.

Too.Much.Comedy.

Like damn. All comedy, all the time. It really made my eyes roll when Zeus did the whole twirling the lightning bolt in front of Thor bit.

Even if you wanted a super humorous tone throughout the whole thing, why would you make everyone's humor pretty much the same?

The GOG felt weird in this one, especially Quill. Somehow, it was great to see the gang again, but they were somehow underused and misused? Quill's tone was totally off and out of character.

It felt like things started to matter in the third act, but even then the sequence with the kids just still felt like comedy overload.

I agree with Cold Truth that every serious or could have been great moment is undercut by quippiness or a gag that has overstayed it's welcome.

I mean, overall it's enjoyable, but it pushes nothing forward in the MCU and is just kinda there. It's fine, but it could have been great.

If TW had dialed back the quippiness and gags by like 25%, it would be certifiably great.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.