Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectDisappointing by Pixar standards
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744847&mesg_id=744941
744941, Disappointing by Pixar standards
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Jun-20-22 12:55 PM
It was fine, but the premise (explained in a title card at the beginning) is a bit weird. I thought this was gonna be about a real astronaut that exists in the Toy Story universe and inspired the toy, but it’s about a fake astronaut that exists in a movie in the Toy Story universe, and we are watching that movie. So I kept thinking… does this movie actually exist in our universe???

I did like the look of it, although Buzz looks weird as a “real” person. Saw it in IMAX, so the space sequences looked awesome. My main critique is that the plot moves too fast to care about the supporting characters. Once Buzz assembles his team, you’ll be able to guess exactly where the plot is going. Plus they REALLY hammer home what each character’s obstacle is, to the point where I felt nothing once they did overcome their obstacles.

Probably being too harsh on this. The journey is fun enough, it just doesn’t compare to any movie in the Toy Story franchise.