Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectEpisode 5
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=724238&mesg_id=744902
744902, Episode 5
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Jun-15-22 10:22 AM
Okay at this point I've just come to terms with the fact that this show has big issues. I really enjoyed this episode, and the issues didn't surprise me because I'm used to them at this point.

But let's get the issues out of the way first...I mentioned it above after episode 4 - WHY would Kenobi go to Jabiim and not straight to Alderaan with Leia? First, his entire objective was to get Leia back to Bail. Even Bail himself is in this episode wondering wtf. (I'll get back to that shortly.) On top of that, he put ALL those people in danger going there and leading Vader straight to them, which could have an even greater impact on The Path and other force sensitives trying to get to safety.

The action scene special effects are still bad. The CG on ships in this episode was just as bad as in the last one when Vader was force-pulling that ship back down. It stands out even more with it being Vader though - feels like a waste using an epic character like Vader and then having budget constraints make it look like a fan film.

Back to Bail's message...how sloppy is that to be sending a communication specifically mentioning both Tatooine and "the boy"?

All that being said, again really enjoyed the episode - the flashback scenes with Obi-wan and Anakin training going back and forth to the chess match in the current period were great (even though Hayden looked his current age vs. Attack of the Clones era Anakin with the padawan braid.) The stuff with Reva was great in this episode also.

It's disappointing because this feels like they have a great story to tell, but the execution of it both in terms of budget and in some of the way it's shot just make it fall short of potential.